Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tofu Take 2

Today I've decided that I like tofu beter uncooked.

The first time I tried tofu, it was in the disaster of a meal "spicy barbercue tofu triangles." I was convinced it tasted like mayonnaise more than anything else. Fail.

However, as they say everyone must try again. So after I built up the courage to do son I did. This time, instead of frying or baking or sauteeing,I opted for the simpler choice - nothing. By nothing I mean, the raw, uncooked attempt at eating tofu. Last night, I cut up the extra firm tofu into cute little square, and soaked them in some balsamic vinagrette overnight.

This morning I took the cubes and mixed them up with some lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, an and onions for a toss salad and it was good!!!

Needless to say, I was happy :)

1 comment:

  1. WHY are you eating tofu? It isn't necessary to eat tofu so you can call yourself vegetarian.

    There are plenty of protein sources that taste MUCH better and have minimal processing, like legumes, nuts, seeds, quinoa, barley, amaranth, leafy greens, spirulina....

    ReplyDelete